Saturday 17 March 2018

My Journal Cover

Dear friends, sharing another great project with u all. I love to keep a journal book for me to write some memorable moments. My earlier journal almost going to finish, so i was looking for a new one. When I came across this book I felt an urge to buy that book. I loved the burlap texture on the cover. My daughter asked me to go for a better one saying this is very simple. I told her yes it looks simple but I have a plan to give a complete makeover to it.  



Using Prima Elemental Stencil Bubbles and with Finnabair Modelling Paste I added some cute bubble texture. Once it dried I started adding my embellishments. I used lot of Finnabair Mechanicals SteamPunk Gears Plated Labels Heart Locket Pendants , Leaves 1Washers #2,  Some cute trims and metal emblishments from my stash. Glued it with Prima Art Basics Heavy Body Gel



This Heavy Gel medium is one of my fav products. It holds them very firmly... I added some emblishment at the back of my cover too. Pls make sure its not tooo bulky behind.. 
Allow them to air dry the whole night.. 





  Once it completly dried I started to color the whole journal cover with Prima Art Basics Heavy black gesso . I sprayed with lindysgang Starburst Cadbury Milk Chocolate  Dark Chocolate Truffle , and Cowabunga Copper Shimmer Sprays. Once it completly dried, I started dry brushing this gorgeous piece with Art Alchemy Metallique Paints from Finnabair. Dark VelvetRich TurquoiseWild Fuchsia, Ancient Coin, Art Alchemy Opal Magic Violet Green,  Rose GoldSparks Unicorns Hair
  










Finally highlighted some areas with Art Achemy Waxes White Gold.  Hope you loved my project..


Thank You for visiting my blog......

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find the little gazebo ? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika, I got that piece some where near my home. It’s actually a pendant my daughter bought it for her. Then she passed it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks I love it! Eidh I could find something like it to buy many of for my artwork great work!

      Delete